Corporate Lawyer at Franklin Templeton International Services S.à r.l.
Posted 1 week ago
How you match
What will this role entail?
FRAA is looking to recruit an ambitious and enthusiastic corporate lawyer, to be based in Luxembourg. Said lawyer will be responsible for all regulatory matters relating to the investment activities of FRAA, assisting with the setup of investment vehicles, on-boarding, and daily legal administration. Ideally you will also have knowledge of real estate or alternative asset investments and understand the challenges presented by investing in direct real estate across Europe.
You will work closely with the investment team in London, supporting and reporting to FRAA's London based Head of Legal (Rebecca Little).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Assisting with the set-up of SPVs and related corporate work
• Drafting, revising and/or cross-checking fund documentation such as circular resolutions, notices to shareholders, prospectuses, articles of incorporation, PoAs etc.
• Carrying out corporate secretarial work for SPVs such as: coordinating board and shareholder meetings/ resolutions, preparing agenda, and presenting documentation/actions to be approved, and monitoring approvals
• Appointing and replacing directors and other third-party service providers
• Following legal and regulatory developments to advise FRAA on actions required to comply with local and European obligations
• Coordinating the administration of the corporate legal documentation (e.g., execution, record keeping, legalization, apostille, etc.)
• Maintaining fund structure chart and legal factbook
• Preparing intercompany finance agreements/loan documentation involving the SPVs (such as interest-bearing loans, contribution agreements, profit participating loan agreements)
• Drafting and negotiating NDAs, engagement letters and other legal agreements governed by Luxembourg law (in English).
The successful candidate will ideally possess:
• You hold a qualifying law degree and have been sworn in, to practice as a lawyer in Luxembourg
• You have at least 3 years of relevant post-qualified work experience acquired in an international multilingual environment (experience in a law firm would be an advantage)
• You have strong knowledge of Luxembourg company law and the investment funds regulatory framework in Luxembourg
• You have a good understanding of the structuring of private real estate funds across Europe with the ability to work with external legal and tax providers on company setup, tax structuring and other matters
• You are fluent in English (written and spoken)
• You are proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• You are motivated, rigorous, well organized, and detail-oriented
• You can multitask and/or prioritize tasks for meeting deadlines
• You are reliable and driven to help and contribute to the team
• You are flexible, highly proactive and able to work independently