Microdata Expert (m/f) at LIS, Luxembourg Income Study, Asbl
Posted 2 weeks ago
How you match
The LIS: Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg is a non-profit organisation located in Luxembourg. LIS acquires datasets with income, wealth, employment and demographic data from a large number of countries and harmonises them to allow the international research community to run cross-national comparisons.
LIS seeks applications for a
Microdata Expert (m/f)
Preferred starting date : 01 November 2022
- 2-year fixed-term contract (may lead to a permanent contract)
- Half-time (20h a week)
The position involves supporting the National Statistical Office of Luxembourg (STATEC) in the production of the national EU-SILC data:
- Preparation of the survey questionnaire
- Data checking and validation
- Imputation of missing income components
- Gross-net tax calculations
- Computation of sampling weights
- Construction of the final datasets to be transmitted to Eurostat
- Writing of a quality report and documentation of the whole process
This position also involves contributing to methodological work using microdata from other STATEC surveys:
- Estimation of mode effect
- Matching income, consumption and wealth
- The successful candidate will have an MA in statistics, sociology, economics, econometrics, demography, or another social science.
- Familiarity with the EU-SILC data and the commonly agreed EU indicators is a strong asset.
- Extensive experience working with microdata using SAS, STATA or R statistical software, so as attention to detail.
- Command of spoken English is required. Luxembourgish and French are an asset.
The work is to be performed at the STATEC premises in Luxembourg.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and a Curriculum Vitae to Lucie Scapoli, firstname.lastname@example.org,
Please make sure to specify the REF number of the job announcement in the subject of your email.
Applications will be considered until the position is filled.